Advanced Fork and Shock Theory
< back to Courses List
Motorcycle Suspension School, Advanced Fork and Shock Theory Course.
A course exploring the technology behind modern fork and shock developments, and the methods used to maximise performance.
Covering all aspects of fork and shock tuning, students learn the knowledge necessary to become a professional suspension tuner.
Through tutorials and practical exercises the art of tuning is broken down into easily understandable elements for application in the field.
Course content: Advanced Fork and Shock Theory
- Fork & shock technology, springs, damping, oil and how dampers work.
- A full analysis of individual components and their function.
- Friction and stiction.
- Response time.
- Advanced fork theory, base valves, midvalves, big piston, twin tube, 25 and 30mm, closed chamber.
- Separate function forks, Pneumatic spring forks
- Piston and rod size and implications.
- Piston Design.
- Valving, cavitation, pressure balancing.
- Tuning for terrain
Who is the course for?
- Those who would like an
advanced knowledge of modifying suspension components, re-valving and
- Racers and track day riders.
- University Students.
- Dealers that wish to offer
an advanced suspension service to their customers.
the advanced technical subjects covered on this course, students are expected
to have experience at an advanced level in servicing. Either through attending
the Servicing Courses or through previous experience.
Unfortunately, we don't
have time, nor is it fair to the other students for us to offer remedial
training to bring the group up to the same level.
Book this Course
There are no courses currently scheduled. However please do contact us using our contacts page as we maybe scheduling one shortly.